Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Piranha -3D

If you like boobs and gore, and who doesn't, this is the film for you!  Piranha 3D is go-for-broke, over the top ridiculous.  And I mean that in a good way.

An earthquake creates a fissure under "Lake Victoria" in Arizona.  Turns out there is a "lake beneath the lake" and the inhabitants of that lake, prehistoric Piranha, are happy to have something besides themselves to eat.  Lucky for the Piranha, it is Spring Break.  Lots of tasty young flesh.  Eli Roth plays the host of a "wet t-shirt" contest.  There is a three minute underwater nude ballet sequence.  A guy gets his penis bit off.  What more do you need to know?  It is exactly what you think it is going to be and I laughed more than I have at the movies in a long, long time. 

1 comment:

Shoshanah Marohn said...

Laughed my booty off at this review.

I still don't really watch horror, but love reading this blog!