Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Chuck D's Christmas Ghosts........



I have endeavoured in this Ghostly little book, to raise the Ghost of an Idea, which shall not put my readers out of humour with themselves, with each other, with the season, or with me. May it haunt their houses pleasantly, and no one wish to lay it.


Their faithful Friend and Servant, C.D.
December, 1843.













































Does anyone else think that Joel Grey is the scariest ghost here?  I have never seen the Patrick Stewart televised version of "A Christmas Carol."  However, I did see his live one man show because that is the kind of geek that I am.  Everyone has their favorite version of "A Christmas Carol."  Mine, the one that I grew up with, is Scrooge from 1970 starring Albert Finney.   And it is all because of this song:

3 comments:

Franco Macabro said...

Great idea for a post! My favorites are Scrooged and The Muppet Christmas Carol, but I have yet to see the new one, I hear its good.

Also, I love the one with George C. Scott. Ill be watching the 1951 version of A Christmas Carol this weekend, I hope it rocks the house. I hear its the best.

Jen said...

I forgot about the George C. Scott version! It is great!!!

Eviltwin said...

Muppet Christmas Carol is my fave version of this story! But then again, I will always be a sucker for anything Muppets!