Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Vacation Pics Part One

These are the vacation pictures from my camera. Which was dying-because I lost the charger. So they are not the greatest. My Husband took the really good pictures so I am waiting for him to load them on the computer. But I know all 5 of my readers are shaking in anticipation for some pics so here they are. Here I am with a statue of Hans Christian Anderson. This is from Solvang, where we spent about 20 minutes. That's about all you need there.

Jonathan and my Niece Val making a Chimp friend at the San Diego Zoo.


This is how I feel today. Panda's have the life man.


Panda in a tree.


My beautiful Niece and her boyfriend with sleeping Panda.


These Elephants live at the "Ritz" at the San Diego Zoo. It is a 50 Million Dollar enclosure that was just built for them.


I think this is good picture. I can take them once in a while.


OMG! We got to eat at Chick-fil-a. I was so excited! There used to be one in the Santa Rosa Mall when I was a kid and I loved it! Now you can't find them anywhere. I would have to drive 3 hours to get to one. So when I found out there was one in San Diego I insisted. This and "Rosco's Chicken and Waffles" were the eating highlights of our trip.


Monks working on a Sand Painting at the San Diego Natural History Museum. We just chanced upon this. Jonathan loved it. We also got to see the "Bodyworks" exhibit at the Museum, which was the horror highlight of the trip.


The "Corpse" flower at Huntington Gardens. It had bloomed the day before, so it wasn't stinky. Luckily the Gardens put out a bottle that you could squeeze to get the full smell effect. It really did smell like death. Death and Poo. How lovely.


My turtle friend that I made at the Lily Ponds at the Huntington Gardens. I would have taken him home with me if I could.

No comments: