Monday, October 13, 2008

Craptastic Movie Weekend..

I saw three films this weekend, two of which sucked. This is why I don't go to the movies that much anymore. I feel so dirty spending money on crap that wouldn't find it way on my Netflix queue. The first film I saw was Appaloosa. I couldn't find a poster image for it so I took this one. It was an alright Western, but not nearly as good as last years 3:10 to Yuma. And the score was really weird. It was like a jazzy score. It was as upsetting to me as the score for The Dunwich Horror. Only I don't want to buy it. And Renee Zellegweger is a total whore in the movie. And she does not play whore well.


The next film I saw was the Duchess. Again, I liked this image better than the actual poster. The movie was very long and not much happened in it. Kinda like one of my normal days. The hair and the outfits were very nice though. My mind kept wandering during the whole film. The only thing that kept pulling my back from La La land was the crazy woman sitting in front of us who kept talking to herself during the entire film. Talking to herself VERY LOUDLY and doing the worst thing that movie talkers can do during a film: predicting what will happen next. And they are always WRONG!! And it wasn't even funny because she was by herself. I couldn't even tell her to shut up. This might be me in 30 years.

The good movie I saw was Quarantine (rates the actual poster) which is a remake of a Spanish film ...

called REC. From what I hear it is a shot by shot remake, but I still want to see the original. This movie is like being in a Haunted House attraction. Things are always jumping out to scare you and you are not sure what is going to happen next. As with all post-modern Zombie films they don't call the creatures Zombies. They are infected by some form of super rabies. The Z word is never mentioned. My friend Dwido calls me a Zombie Elitist. Just call it what is is: a Zombie is a Zombie. Zombies are bad and they are going to eat you. That is what this film is about.

My two-word reviews of these movies:

Appaloosa: Dusty Men

The Duchess: Big Hair

Quarantine: Nihilistic fun!

No comments: